LV 5th Avenue NYC June 23, 2007


Jeff's family had a wedding to attend to this past weekend in New York City and of course my top priority was not to attend the festivities but to visit one of Louis Vuitton's World Stores--the 5th avenue branch located on 57th street. I have been to New York many times before, but this is the first time that I saw it through the eyes of LVOE. I was excited and wanted to purchase a vachette tag for my new Excursion. The place was huge, consisting of 4 floors and as I waited for my tag to be brought out, I took a snap shot of the suspended antique trunks within the store. I was promptly berated by a security guard who looked like one of Capitol Hill's secret service agents. I guess they have a need to protect all those precious goods of theirs. What struck me most about this store, was that there were several Japanese sales associates. My light reading for the bus ride was "Louis Vuitton Japan: The Building of Luxury" by Kyojiro Hata. It basically tells how Japan saved the LV brand with its avid clientele, so I was impressed that there were SA's that catered to the stream of Japanese tourists in the Big Apple. Well, that's it for now. I'll post the other pics tomorrow.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.