For the last few seasons (ever since they got into the "grunge" look), I have not been too impressed with the Marc by Marc Jacobs collection. This season though I am delightfully surprised! The collection is preppy and retro-chic. My style but with a refreshing twist!
This collection makes me WANT to buy something orange, and that is a difficult feat. I absolutely detest orange. But I am willing to break the rules for these two dresses. I just LOVE the orange dress with the fancy bow tie (though I cannot quite imagine what occasion that would be appropriate for) and the shirt dress is casual and chic.
I don't even mind being obviously Marc by Marc Jacobs. Many would recognize this very distinct geometric shirt dress (left) as Marc by MJ by now (along with the orange bow-tie dress above) but I still like it. I am really impressed that the color seems so "old" and yet, the whole look is still so young! At first glance I thought this blue printed dress (right) was really cute. But if you look closer, can you tell that it actually has Marc Jacobs written all over it? I thought it was pretty cool that I couldn't tell at first. But now that I can, I think that kind of ruins the dress. Shame.
The definition of retro chic. I love how they mixed the flirty print and color with such a "proper" design. It is both refreshing and stunning. Though it is a bit too much for me. I prefer the more subtle purple dress (right). I absolutely absolutely adore this dress. It is simple, vibrant, youthful and fun. I've tried it on actually, but the fit of the bodice is a bit off. Maybe if I got it tailored.........
More fun casual dresses. I love the block print (right). Its so off and cute at the same time. And the cut of the heart leaf pinafore dress is just adorable!
The neckline and the prints are awesome. I especially love the neckline of the blue shirt (left: it is very ladylike, but the print makes it fun!) and the subtle pinstripes on the yellow shirt (right).
These two are my favourites of the collection, because I think they are great investments. I'm a great believer in outerwear and these two cardigans are perfect to carry around with you this summer- just in case of freezing a/c temperatures! I waaaaant the white one (right)! It is very Chanel-esque with a youthful touch.
A cute jacket is ALWAYS a good buy. You get the most mileage out of them cause you can just throw it over any outfit- and this one is so chic and stylish! (Though it may be a bit too heavy for the summer). And this pinstripe shirt with the ruffles is just darling!
Now if only I can win a free shopping trip for Marc by Marc Jacobs this season!
Image Source: Net-A-Porter
- ► 2012 (885)
- ► 2011 (3321)
- ► 2010 (1950)
- ► 2009 (1601)
- SS08: Marc by Marc Jacobs
- A Big MERCI BEAUCOUP!
- Speedy Dilemma
- Lily Allen Ripped Cut Off Jeans
- Spring/Summer Nail Varnish!
- Off to Tahiti I go
- Oh no you didn't!
- Well, he wasn't the only one...
- NO Watercolor Speedy 30 for Mainland US-MISINFORMA...
- It's such a pretty day, I think I'm going to buy s...
- China Run 2008
- Cristalline & Guillaume 18 & 18 - Les Halles - Par...
- Mariah Carey - E=MC2
- Are Eco-Friendly Bags Worth It?
- Takashi Murakami's Monogramouflage
- LVMH acquires the Swiss watchmaker Hublot
- Bad eating weekend
- Speedy LVoe
- Magnificent Mile Malletier
- Another Weekend of Louis Vuitton
- The Nokia 7900 Crystal Prism on eBay
- Uniqlo UT Project 08
- The Stars of the NBA
- V Magazine Goes Digital
- Hey Upper Eastsiders...
- Christel 20 - Le Marais - Paris
- Sebastien 19 & Yanis 19 - Le Marais - Paris
- Revisiting Men's 2008-2009 Collection
- Bikini Count Down - Sexy Prom Dresses
- It's such a LVoely day!
- I just found this...
- Do I really need to buy this for Piolo and Ysabell...
- Sinead 21 & Vincent 24 - Le Marais - Paris
- Baby Mama - Can a Mother and Surrogate Mother Surv...
- Clip on Bangs
- Four friends in Le Marais - Paris
- I have nothing to post today...
- Nokia 7900 Crystal Prism
- Shot at Love 2 - Tila Tequila Returns
- Trip to LV
- Rainy Day
- Multicolore Zippy Coin Purse
- Geri "Ginger" Halliwell Sexy Schoolgirl Costume
- A Weekend in Boston
- LV Playdate
- Multicolore Damier
- The Vernis Alma
- Jeff's new belt and my 500th post
- Off to the Seder
- A Blessed Pesach Everyone!
- Keylian 18 & Stéphanie 18 - Fontaine des Innocent...
- Anatomy 101
- Trotting with the Naviglio
- Watch Me
- Aymara 31 - Eric 43 - Rue du Bourg-Tibourg - Paris...
- Jen 22 & Jun 29 - Fontaine des Innocents - Paris
- Rocky 19 & Virginie 22 - St-Eustache - Paris
- Cécile, Milena, Angèle 16 - Le Marais - Paris
- Tahitienne Collection
- Fabrizio Plessi Digital Sac Plat
- LVoe the shoes, LVoe the Blackberry, LVoe the 26
- Mad dash to LV before the price increase
- My New Beaubourg
- Bridal Corsets - Bustiers and Wedding Tips from To...
- Aloha to my new Beaubourg!
- First Print for Easy Fashion in MILK Magazine of H...
- Philippine 17 - HighSchool - Le Marais - Paris
- Paul-Henri 23 & Annael 21 - Le Marais - Paris
- I just called 5 Canton Road Hong Kong...
- The New Zippy Coin Purses are out!
- Arjay's dilemma
- The Marilyn
- Hot Bridal Lingerie Showers or Bachelorette Party
- Well, someone else was busy this weekend...
- H&M's Tribute to Marimekko
- Something from here is arriving this week...
- Sigh 3...
- Twin Totes
- Second thoughts about your Tahitienne, Angel?
- R.P Pony at 5th Ave
- Jerome, is that tsu?
- Thank You Gifts
- Oooohhh...a Murakami Neverfull
- Any thoughts on the upcoming Monogramouflage?
- Anniversary at the Cosmos Club
- House Hunting
- Ashley 25 - Stylist - le Marais - Paris
- The Big Whigs of Fashion
- Congratz Jenny!
- Thomas 18 - Geography Student - Beaubourg - Paris
- Emma 19 - Model / Igor 21 - Business / Rivoli/Pari...
- My lonely little goods...
- S/S08 Trend: Translating the Lanvin Ruffles
- Price increase on April 17!!!
- Adam 25 - From Los Angeles to Paris
- Elisabeth 19 - Student from Australia - Le Marais ...
- WOW, would you have paid $210,000 for this?
- I can't get enough of the Beaubourg
- ▼ April (137)
- ► 2007 (724)
- ► 2006 (378)
- ► 2005 (459)