Mirage Day Out


Jeff and I decided to have dimsum in Chinatown today since it is quite close to the newly opened West Elm Store in DC. I was happy to find out that West Elm took over the old Woodward and Lothrop Building. Woodies was an iconic department store headquartered in the nation's capital and went out of business around the mid-1990s. I used to pass by it when I attended an annual Advent concert around the area and marveled at its architectural details. It always seemed dark and abandoned so you could imagine my delight when I saw it in its current reincarnation. Here I am in front of one of its ornate facade ironwork.
After which we decided to visit the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery to see the "Encompassing the Globe" exhibit which focuses on Portugal's discoveries and influences on those cultures. I was glad that we were able to see it on its last day since it was filled with interesting artifacts including this quartrefoil box from the Mughal Dynasty (1650). I was carrying my Mirage with me and pointed out to Jeff the similarity of the box with one of Vuitton's flowers. He looked at me as if I were crazy comparing a 400-year old piece of art to my "hideously ugly" bag. All in all, I still believe it was a wonderful day...

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.