I Dream of a Lifestyle Involving Many Cocktail Dresses II: Backless Dresses

So I realised I forgot to explain my 'I Dream of a Lifestyle Involving Many Cocktail Dresses' series. Contrary to the timing, the series is not specificly here just because it's party season. It's here because I've been so inspired by Gossip Girl. If you haven't watched the oh-so-addictive Gossip Girl yet, basically, a fabulous event happens every episode and all the gorgeous characters are dressed amazingly -both girls and guys. (I loved Blair's birthday party: the clothes, the venue, the atmosphere!) Even in episodes that don't have parties, they're all still dressed fashionably.

So anyways, before I feature more dresses and accessories that I like, (such as in my post on Marc dresses last week), I have questions about some dresses. To start off with: backless dresses. I've been seeing a lot of backless dresses online and in high street stores recently, with the revival of a few 80's trends and racer back dresses.
I'm a bit confused how we're supposed to wear them. Obviously wearing no bras is the logical solution. Or perhaps some people would just let their bra show. But honestly, I do not feel comfortable at all even at the thought of not wearing a bra. I guess I'll just have to avoid all backless dresses. Sigh, it's such a pity. I really like some of the dresses that have this problem (like this grey studded dress above.)
How comfortable are you with backless dresses? And how do you wear it?
Image credits: www.asos.com, www.topshop.com

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.