Tom Ford: Estee Lauder Summer 2006

Tom Ford's Estee Lauder summer 2006 collection has been out for a while, but I only recently had time to go check it out and luckily it was still there! (I'd missed the last collection and I heard there was a waiting list)

I'm not sure what I was expecting from the King of sexy fashion when it comes to make-up, but it was certainly something more spectacular than this. The Azuree collection (and everything else) is all very neutral with black shadows lining the lids (the only thing that would show up)-boring.
This collection was so similar that I had trouble telling the subtle difference between this Cap Bronzee collection and the Azuree one above (esp when its not shown side by side like this). Out of all three, this St Tropez collection is my favourite, because I think it'll actually show up on my face. Plus, I love the pinkish purplish tinge of the eye shadow and the icy pink color of the lipstick. I know being natural and bronze is all the rage this summer, but this is Tom Ford we are talking about. What he does should be more spectacular and fabulous than the rest of the fashion industry, shouldn't it? Am I just putting him on a pedestal and expecting too much? Or does he just have nothing to do with this collection and he's only "lending" his name out to Estee Lauder so the collection will sell like birkins?


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.