Stylish School Bags

To prepare us for the beginning of yet another school year, I thought I'd look at some stylish school bags to get us excited. Now when I think of school bags, the first thing that pops into my head is the typical Jansport backpack in its various shades that was ever so popular back in high school. But as I've proceeded to college, I've tried to veer away from them because a)one DOES need variety after so many years of backpacking b) it never matches with any of my outfits and c) its time to gradually move onto something a bit more sophisticated.


One of my favourite brands for school bags is Le Sportsac. Their bags are light, spacey, looks good and are waterproof. I especifically loved their LAMB collection back then. I used to buy one each season (and I still use them!), but alas, Gwen stopped designing bags for Le Sportsac and now their collections are not quite as impressive. But I think these two are ok, especially the black messenger one on the left, which will definitely match all your outfits!

Currently, I am using a brown Coach tote from last season that looks remarkably like the one on the left except mine is not as cool and is not reversible (although who wants the Coach tag hanging outside anyway? It was designed to be inside for a reason!). I really like it as again it matches everything, is sophisticated, fits everything and surprisingly doesn't get dirty that easily. For a smaller size, the one on the right is of a pretty good size too. It fits the average notebook and laptop snugly. Although I'm not sure how i feel about their new print here. . .
Another good choice is the classic Longchamp one (left). I used to not like it, but after seeing some really cool people on the streets with them, this design is definitely growing on me. And I can't help but lust after their new brown suede bag (right) this season. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

For something more sophisticated, I am loving these two from Anthropologie that sooo reminds me of Miu Miu this season.

I am also absolutely LOVING these Warhol totes from Urban Outfitters. They are SO COOL. I can totally see someone in a punky tee, skinny jeans and heels wearing this.

American Eagle has some pretty cute options too. The navy one is very reminescent of Longchamp's one except at a much friendlier price and the brown messenger the girl in the ad looks adorable.

The blue bow bag is pretty, feminine and of a size that is perfect for school. The strap also looks adjustable, so it can be worn long across or short as a tote! And this black messenger here is the epitome of a messenger bag. Definitely stylish school bag material. Oh and these two are from Urban Outfitters.


For more classic messengers, look to Accessorize. This suede brown one is beautiful. And this army green one with the leather details reminds me of Balenciaga for some reasons, but I can't quite put a finger on as to why.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.