Pressed Powder

This summer, my skin has been annoyingly more oily than usual so changes had to be made to my makeup routine. Ever since last summer and throughout last winter, I used Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser for normal daywear, and Bobbi Brown oil-free liquid foundation for the very special nights out.

Usually these two products wouldn’t make my face oily and I wouldn’t have to use to oil-blotting paper until a few hours later, but I was shocked to find my skin oily after less than 2 hours this summer. I even tried putting on loose powder, which is supposed to help skin stay matte longer, but it didn’t work this time.

So obviously something had to change. Luckily, my mum just happened to have given me the DiorSkin Pure Powder Foundation in Easter, (it came in a promotional package.) I was hesitant to try it at the beginning because I have had some not-so-great experience with pressed powder in the past, but since I didn’t really have much choice, I decided to give it a go.


Yes! After a few days of experiment, I have come to the conclusion that while the pressed powder foundation looks a bit more cakey than the liquid foundations, my face actually lasted ok throughout the whole workday (that’s over 10 hours!) without being too oily. Obviously, my skin wasn’t as made-up looking at the end of the day since a lot of the makeup had already melted, but it’s definitely a huge improvement. Unfortunately, the DiorSkin foundation I have is slightly paler than my real skin colour. Oh well, who’s going to notice anyways?

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.