My BeLoVed Mona LVisa


If you have been to my place, there would be no doubt in your mind that after Louis Vuitton, the Mona Lisa is the second resident of France that I am in LVoe with judging from the five foot facsimile that overlooks the stairway landing. So, upon seeing Jason Alper's rendering of the Lady with the mystic smile, I could not help but raise my right eyebrow. His show entitled: “Proletarian Drift and the Enfranchisement of the Bourgeoisie in the 21st Century,” will be opening tomorrow at the Guy Hepner Gallery in West Hollywood. The collection comprises of eight oil paintings, all donning Louis Vuitton in one way or another. The artist says: “It’s quite simple. The art world has forgotten about humor and irony. Shouldn’t all of this be fun? I’m simply trying to make people smile when they see my work,” I wonder if he would still be smiling if LV decides to file a suit against him.

Who's Paying?
The Brown Boy



The Stigmatization of Fashion
The Laughing Chavalier

Son of Man (Brown)
Son of Man (Black)
Son of Man (White)

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.