A Nice Little Dinner Party

Ever since watching various tv shows like Gilmore Girls, the OC, and maybe even Desperate Housewives, I've been inspired to throw a fabulous dinner party. OK, so it's not the dinner that I care much about, but the beautiful clothes everyone wears to such dinners that inspired me. And so I did.

A few weeks back, I threw one for my closest high school friends. I used girly invitations from the Stila cosmetics website, (which didn't get sent properly,) and insisted that everyone should dress nicely. (Barneys Girl was very pleased as she loves taking and being in photos.) My sister and househelper made delicious food and I bought a chocolate truffle cake.

Here is the food: We forgot to take photos of the main course, which was tomato basil angel hair, Itlian palmer ham & chicken fillet and rosemary potato wedges.

Tomato Bruschetta
Vinegar Salad
Chocolate Truffle Cake

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What Barneys Girl wore: so colorful and eye-catching. She bought it in Seibu (a smaller version of Bloomingdale); by a brand called Mint.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What I wore: slightly crochet fabric and the top bit has a wonderful cutting. I bought it at the Harrods Summer Sale; by Marc by Marc Jacobs.
This dinner party was definately much more lady-like and sophisticated than the normal house parties that we used to do. Wow, maybe we're actually maturing and growing more sophisticated and possibly more snobby.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.