A Louis Vuitton jewelry box? Don’t mind if I do…


I have a serious jewelry problem. All of my favorite stuff is either vintage or costume, so it’s not a spending problem so much as it’s an amount problem. The stuff I wear regularly currently resides in small Ziplock bags inside a white Balenciaga box (which used to contain my iPad case), which sits on top of my dresser. I’ve looked high and low for other ways to store my stash, but nothing particularly attractive or capable of holding giant, breast-plate-sized necklaces has ever surfaced. A clean, minimal white box from my favorite brand seems like the best I’m going to do.

In an ideal universe, though, I’d come home every day and throw my watch in the Louis Vuitton Coffret Tresor 24, preferably situated on a wide, spacious vanity. Nothing is wide and spacious in New York, though, except for maybe Park Avenue, so for now I’ll admire it from here.



Why is a good jewelry box so hard to come by? I’ve looked for ages and never found one that quite met my needs, particularly from a quantity standpoint. At this point, I’d settle for something that would look utterly cool in my bedroom, which is what this case is. I’ve always liked the idea of Louis Vuitton trunks used as furniture in a space that is otherwise devoid of logos or monogramming, and this box is a smaller (although still quite expensive) way to get a similar look in a more manageable way.

Is that enough reason to drop four figures? I’m not sure, but lots and lots of Louis Vuitton fans have done it. Would you? Buy through Louis Vuitton for $3000.



Celebrate spring with Louis Vuitton and Sofia Coppola




As you might have noticed, Megs and I are absolutely spring-obsessed lately. Not only did the season just officially begin yesterday, but the weather in New York has been so sunny and perfect, so archetypically spring-like, that it’s hard to think about anything else when the windows are open and a gentle breeze is teasing us every few minutes. To be inside working is positively unfair on days like the ones that we’ve been having, but such is life, I guess. We all have to make rent.

Right now, though, I’m considering skipping April’s payment, getting myself evicted and living in Central Park for the next two months. Naturally, I’d put that rent check toward the Louis Vuitton Sophia Coppola Bag PM in this amazing shade of turquoise. Who needs a roof over your head when you’ve got perfect weather and a perfect bag? I’m probably going to need my apartment back come June, though. Air conditioning is important to me.

I’ve always loved the Sofia Coppola bags because of their excellent leather and subtle design, but I had previously thought of them as more of an option for fall. (Or an option for people who carry black bags no matter the season. A lot of you live in New York.) I had completely overlooked this amazing color, right along with the gorgeous coral below. Either of these options is obviously perfect for spring and summer, and the convenient shoulder strap gives a note of casualness to a shape that can otherwise look a bit businesslike. I bet I’m not the only person doing handbag math right now. Buy through Louis Vuitton for $3950.









Plan your Spring Break road trip with Louis Vuitton






When the weather starts to get a little warmer, my mind always turns to one thing: ROADTRIP! Never mind the fact that I don’t have a car because I live in New York, or the fact that it’s not quite warm enough for a trip to any beach within driving distance to be enjoyable. My internal clock is still tuned to Spring Break, and I’m starting to get that itch to drive down to the Florida coast like we did every year in high school.

Unfortunately, Florida is a lot further from New York than it is from Atlanta, where I grew up, and it’s not quite warm enough yet to make one of the beaches up North an enjoyable jaunt. I can still plan for that eventuality, though, and in a perfect world, I’d be packing my bathing suits and flip flops into a bag like the Louis Vuitton Keepall 50 Nomade. It may be the perfect weekender.

With the high price and fine leather of this bag, I’d probably be too nervous to take it on an airplane, even as a carry on, but I could certainly see myself throwing it in the back seat of a rental convertible and setting out for the coast. This kind of bag is the perfect size for a trip of a few days to a week, as long as you’re not packing heavy winter coats and boots, which is why it’s best to save it for summer if it’s going to be your primary luggage.

This bag is a fantasy piece for me, but Louis Vuitton‘s non-monogrammed pieces are often so beautiful that as someone who’s not a monogram lover, I can’t help but zero in on them and obsess. What’s your dream weekender bag and where would you take it? If you and I are on the same page, you can order this bag via Louis Vuitton, price is $5100.



Take a look inside the Louis Vuitton-Marc Jacobs show at Les Arts Décoratifs








Louis Vuitton lovers have been in luck lately. Perhaps no other fashion brand in the world is more willing to throw open its archives and allow others to examine its DNA, whether it be a retrospective on historical travel pieces or a rumination on the contemporary work of Marc Jacobs. At Le Arts Decoratifs in Paris, both can now be seen simultaneously in the Louis Vuitton-Marc Jacobs exhibit, open to the public until September 16.

The show examines the relationship between Louis Vuitton, the trailblazing trunk-maker of the late 1800s, and Marc Jacobs, the one-time enfant terrible of the New York fashion world turned pop-art impresario at Vuitton since his hire in 1997. The resulting exhibit is a jarring juxtaposition of vintage charm and modern flash; 150-year-old French gowns next to futuristic latex nurse’s uniforms, Vuitton’s original monogram trunk next to candy-colored handbags displayed like actual candy. Can’t make it to Paris this summer? We have some images of the exhibit from Women’s Wear Daily for your enjoyment after the jump.


















Fashion Week Handbags: Louis Vuitton Fall 2012




Add caption
Leave it to Louis Vuitton to solve a handbag problem that we didn’t even know we had – how do you get more handbags on the runway than there are models to carry them without weighing down the ready-to-wear? As it turns out, the answer is creating a travel-themed show, complete with a functioning train, and giving the models each a uniform-clad porter to carry her “luggage.” Vuitton took full advantage of these runway helpers, loading each model-helper down with multiple bags – sometimes as many as four.

That meant that we got to see a lot of lovely luggage on the runway, from oversized crocodile hat boxes to traditional luggage suitcases. Things got a little harrier when the show moved on to regular handbags, though, both figuratively and literally. While some of the fur-detailed monogram bags were lovely, other fur-covered satchels looked a little bit too much like Cousin It. Also, I’m not sure how high-end the weathered circular hardware closures used on many of the bags looks. As much as I loved last season’s Vuitton collection, this one might take some getting used to.



 Louis Vuitton Neverfull Bags


 I passed up the opportunity to snag one of the limited edition Louis Vuitton Stephen Sprouse Neverfull bags that were created a few years ago. Since then, I’ve been kicking myself as I’m a sucker for rare
Louis Vuitton bags and the Neverfull shape is a personal favorite. Looks like I am not alone – we have people emailing about the Neverfull multiple times a week.

Why is the Neverfull so popular? It’s easy: the design is classic and the bag works for everyone. From young twenty-somethings to busy moms to the lady who lunches, the Neverfull works for practically everyone.


I have been waiting for the next Limited Edition rendition of the bag to come out and I’m desperately hoping it will be from the Yayoi Kusama collaboration. I feel like colorful dot art and the open tote shape will work perfectly for an everyday bag.

That’s the reason so many love the Neverfull, it works as an schlep-all. The large tote shape can be turned to a city-bag by tightening the side laces. The interior features a long zipped pocket that can fit a wallet as well as D-ring for keys or accessories. Prices start at $800 and up via Louis Vuitton.





Man Bag Monday: Louis Vuitton Keepall 45 in Damier Infini




I have a new crush and it is on the Louis Vuitton Damier Infini line. Vlad and I saw this piece in the SoHo store a few weeks ago and since then, I can’t stop thinking about it. I want Vlad to have the Keepall 45 for himself, but in all honesty, I think I secretly want him to get it so I can use it myself on weekend trips.

The Damier Infini line gives Louis Vuitton lovers the Damier pattern in a new rendition. The iconic Damier motif in soft calf leather speaks to the LV lovers heart, offering an elegant finish to a contemporary house favorite.

As for the Keepall 45, this bag is timeless. With the additional shoulder strap, the bag can be used as an everyday hold-all (hence, the name Keepall) while also working ideally for weekend trips. The interior is lined with traditional Louis Vuitton cotton canvas. One of my favorite aspects of this bag is the super chic look of the brushed titanium hardware. While there are also white and red versions, the black has my heart. Price is $2,730 via Louis Vuitton.





The Louis Vuitton Lumineuse PM is simply lovely






The disdain that some people have for monogrammed handbags has grown exponentially over the years. Classic monogram patterns are some of the most sought-after and worn designs ever, but although everyone knows the Louis Vuitton monogram, for example, not everyone likes it. I don’t find it as abhorrent as others do, and seeing Louis Vuitton find ways to implement it on their bags without it being quite so in-your-face delights me.

I was browsing in the Louis Vuitton SoHo store earlier this week and found myself drawn to the Monogram Empreinte line. Luscious leather is embossed with the classic LV design which gives a touch of brand familiarity while remaining sophisticated. The bag I couldn’t stop coveting and keep returning to is the Louis Vuitton Lumineuse PM.


Simply put, this bag is lovely. The tote shape has double top handles and an entirely crucial shoulder strap. I adore the front zipper compartment and the fact that the top has zipper pulls seals the deal. While every little part that makes the whole is luxurious, it is the overall aesthetic that I find myself most drawn to. Simplicity at its finest, I appreciate a well-designed and visually pleasing bag. I would be proud to carry this bag on my arm. Bravo Louis Vuitton. Price is $2,530.





Louis Vuitton has plenty of love for Valentine’s Day








For some reason, Louis Vuitton hits it out of the park for Valentine’s Day better than any other brand this side of Cartier. (Not that Cartier does anything in particular for the holiday, but, you know, DIAMONDS.) Vuitton always has a few heart-shaped small leather goods on hand at this time of year for the occasion, and this year’s V-Day vernis is striped in red and pink (it also comes in a darker jewel-toned version). If you think the lady on your list has enough key holders, wallets and bag charms to last a lifetime, Vuitton also has a couple jewelry options. We’ve picked a few of the best after the jump, and many of the options are $500 or less. The entire range can be found at LouisVuitton.com, and remember, the big day is only a week away.




Louis Vuitton Coeur Coin Purse, $500 via Louis Vuitton




Louis Vuitton Lock Me Earrings, $460 via Louis Vuitton




Louis Vuitton Vernis Striped Mirror Case, $360 via Louis Vuitton




Louis Vuitton Coeur Rayures Key Holder, $350 via Louis Vuitton




Louis Vuitton Vernis Sarah Wallet, $815 via Louis Vuitton




Louis Vuitton Lock Me Bracelet, $580 via Louis Vuitton










































































    

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.