Fashion Trend of the Month for April 2012 - Flower Power
Our Fashion Trend of the Month for April is Flower Power. For spring 2012, floral fashion once more makes its way to the forefront of fashion trends. Among others, fashion designers Prabal Gurung, Altuzarra, Lela Rose, Proenza Schoulder, Rodarte, Peter Som, and Ralph Lauren all featured floral clothing in their spring lines for 2012, and fashion accessory designers used some floral styles too although not quite as frequently as the clothing designers did.
This season's floral fashion covers a wide range of color palettes and designs from painterly daubs of color that merely suggest blossoms to stylized, graphic flowers, and they also include traditional romantic floral designs as well. This spring's floral fashion sometimes features huge floral motifs, which won't work very well for petites, but there are plenty of other floral designs available, some in petites' departments, that have smaller, more petite-friendly floral designs.
Tips for Wearing Floral Fashion
- For the most part, the spring palette is appropriately light, so select lighter colors for your own spring/summer clothing and fashion accessories in keeping with the airiness and newness of the season.
- Choose floral fashion or accessories with small- to medium-sized motifs, rather than huge flower blossoms.
- If you decide to wear floral shoes, wear plain, rather than patterned clothing, and let the shoes stand out.
- Mix floral patterns only with the greatest of care, or don't mix them at all.
- A floral scarf or a floral handbag may be just the touch of flower power that you need to liven up your ensemble.