Tuesday Trunk Tidbitz


Of late, I have been lazy in writing my Tuesday Trunk Tidbitz. It seemed that every e-bay auction dealt with the same ol' boring steamer. Not today! As of this writing with only two hours to go for the auction, I found this wonderful trunk designed by Manolo Blahnik. In 1996, for the celebration of the company's centennial, pillars of the fashion industry were invited to create their own interpretations of Vuitton's
long history particularly that which concerns travel. Blahnik's contribution of course was meant to house his world-renowned forte -- shoes. Lined in a luxurious fuschia fabric that is to die for, my only problem would be what pair from my vast collection would have the honor to be contained in it. I wonder if the Philippines' former First Lady, Imelda Marcos has this in her collection. Maybe she doesn't and will have the ocassion to place a bid. But then again, with 2,000 pair of shoes, she would need a thousand trunks and I don't think Vuitton made that many. For actual auction, click here.

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.