Colour-Protecting Shampoo & Conditioner

Last Friday, I decided to make the most out of my holiday from work and get my hair dyed. While the technician was applying the dye into my hair, he warned my that the hair dye might come off (after many washes) and the hair colour before would show up again. He said that colour-protecting hair products do actually prolong the hair colour, and I believe him because he didn't introduce the hair product line the hair salon sells. This totally freaked me out of course, since I did just pay to get the hair colour changed. So I did a LOT of online research after I got home.

OK, so my problem is that I need a brilliant colour-protecting shampoo and conditioner. Sounds fairly simple, but with all the products available out there, I really need more information and opinion.


My first thought was to buy the Reflection line from Kerastase, (my favourite haircare brand). But I have heard that Kerastase shampoo is a bit 'thick' for summer and I'm concerned that it might not wash my hair thorough enough. On Friday, I only ended up buying a tiny travel pack for my trip to the US next week. But I got a bit curious so I already tried the shampoo this morning and my hair felt clean enough. Maybe I'll go buy this tomorrow.

Another colour-protecting line I am considering is the L'Oreal Professional Vitamino shampoo & conditioner. I have used another product line by this brand a long time ago, and even though I can't even remember which shampoo it was that I used, I remember liking this brand. Also, a lot of hair salons use this brand, so it must be somewhat good quality. But this brand is fairly expensive, and the MUA reviews didn't seem overly impressed (or disappointed), so I don't feel absolutely sure about this line.

And of course, how could I not mention a deep hair treatment. This is oddly the only product I don't have to waste any more time researching on. Since I'll be going to the US soon, I'll definately be buying Terax Crema. I've heard only positive things about it -it's supposed to make your hair super soft. Hopefully it will save my seriously dehydrated hair!

So if you have used any colour-protecting hair products, let me know which brand and product it is, and your opinion of it please!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.