Grammys Award 2006 Fashion

Admittedly, the Grammys have never exactly been the most fashionable and glam event of the year, but this year I must say, I'm impressed. Especially when compared to last year. Most of the stars played it safe with classic one piece dresses-which was really quite boring, but a few did make an effort to be creative and the result was stunning.

My favourite outfits were from Beyonce and Alicia Keys. Both were very slinky and glam, but I think I'm going to hand the prize of best dressed to Alicia Keys in her Armani Prive dress, because she made the most improvement since last year.
And then there are Teri Hatcher and Christina Milian. The headlines have all admired Teri Hatcher's Jean Paul Gaultier dress as the best one in the whole show, but I beg to differ. Its nice, but its not that irresistible. And I just find Christina's Max Azria Atelier dress very interesting. Its a thin line between looking skanky or sexy, but I think she has managed to look elegant here.


I also thought that Kelly Clarkson's Max Azria Atelier (wow they must be sponsoring a LOT of starlets this event) black dress was quite flattering. Different from the usual punk rock star image I somehow see her in. And Eva carried this blue dress well-it can potentially be a fashion disaster.


Next season's white also seemed to be a very popular color, as seen on Mary J Blige and Ciara in her Alberta Ferretti dress. Mary looks like she's playing tennis the glam way. But Ciara looks godess like.

For all those pregnant celebs out there, it is definitely a good thing that the empire waist has been so popular recently, because they are so completely flattering on pregnant women. They barely look like they're pregnant. This is very well demonstrated by Gwen here. I'm not that much a fan of this leopard printed dress, but it is very Gwen.


I have no idea what Madonna is trying to achieve here. And from the looks of her expression, she doesn't know either.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.