Weekend in Philly

Jeff and I drove to New Jersey this weekend to attend a Bat Mitzvah. But he surprised me with a trip to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to catch the exhibit Picasso and Avant-Garde Paris. I am not a huge fan of the Cubist but I highly recommend this exhibit. Unfortunately, you can't take photos within the exhibit itself but whilst around the museum, some stolen shots here and there were allowed.

The towering statue of the hunter goddess Diana as she greets museum visitors

One of my favourite Jewish painters, Marc Chagall had a huge mural in the entryway that was used as an opera backdrop.








I never realized that Philadelphia had such charming houses.
A beautiful chapel that we stumbled upon that was attached to the Pink Sisters' Convent of Divine Love.
Of course, a second trip the next day to the Museum was in order.

For Jeff's amusement, I had to pose with Rocky.
Wall of Impressionists

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.