Milan Fashion Week FW07 Wrapup II

Ahh! With the excitement of the new Milan collections, I can't even fit in a slot to blog about the series finale of The OC (sniff, so sad) -I'll do that eventually. OK, onto the collections:

Fendi
Fendi is supposedly known for its fur, so in that aspect, Karl delivered. I admittingly, do not know how to appreciate Fendi's asthetics yet and I usually just think Fendi as a line for mature women.

But with hemlines above the knees, a lot of the clothes didn't feel too old. I love the three outfits above -they're grownup-but-not-too-mature, girly edgy and classy.

Alessandro Dell'Acqua
I've always liked Dell'Acqua's collections because I love the different ways he transforms black and white, pretty and edgy outfits. But this time, and I thought of it before I read other reviews, that this collection wasn't really him -I see traces of random designers' SS07 collections, such as that of Preen, Lanvin and even Dolce Gabanna (don't ask me why, maybe it's just me). So ya, I was a bit disappointed.

I like these dresses, but they do really remind me of a mix of Preen and Christopher Kane.

Regardless, there are still some really fab work outfits. I would love to wear the outfits on the left and middle to work -they're so pretty, put-together and professional.

Marni
In my mind, Marni's a bit like Prada -arty, eccentric and girl-focussed (in the way that the clothes don't cling onto you.) But the difference is, Marni is even more eccentric and every new collection continues nicely from the previous one. This collection is great, but I didn't find anything in particular I love. Plus note the big bags, (again).

Grey continues to be THE colour, with some muted purple and blue. Ooo, and notice the UGG-lookalikes. For some reasons, those furry boots somehow look right with the super high hemline.

Even though Marc Jacobs seems to have abandoned the layering look for his main line, I'm glad to see the Marni is still doing the layering thing.

There are looks for all ages and profession, whether you need something really business-looking, or something that is more arty and kind-of-professional.

The sporty influences continue from the SS07 collection. And of course, we have the signature Marni look -belt over the simple, slightly volumous coat.

Photo sources: Elle

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.