The Da Vinci Code

As one of the few non-chick lit books I love, naturally I was very excited about the movie. So as soon as it came out, I immediately went to watch it. Contrary to movie critics, as a ordinary movie go-er, I thought the movie was good and definitely doesn't deserve the average C+ rating it has on yahoo movies.

The movie was exciting and intriguing, full of suspense and mystery (even though I already knew what happens)- just like the book. It didn't feel like we'd been sitting there for over 2 hours at all! My most memorable scene was when they were at Sir Teabing's place and just when they were absorbing Sir Teabing's revelations, Silas suddenly pops out from nowhere. My friend and I literally jumped out of our seats! There were funny bits too. The questions Sir Teabing asked them before allowing them entrance was hilarious. Although I understand how the movie might be slightly confusing for people who hasn't read the book. My friend who hasn't read the book yet had that problem and I had to very quietly provide short explanations. But in the end she thought it was a pretty good movie too.


Fashion wise, even though Sophie wore the same thing for the whole movie, I thought her dress shirt under a black cardigan thing was very cute. And kudos to her, for solving the mystery of the holy grail while running away from the French police, in pointy black heels.

Overall I really liked the movie, although its not exactly something so amazing that one would want to watch again in the cinema. I think it deserved at least a B rating.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.