Le Sportsac Spring 06 Remix Collection

I must admit, my obsession with Le Sportsac has somewhat fallen since Gwen stopped designing for them. But in times of extreme procrastination, I do check back from time to time to see whats new. And today, I landed on their Spring 06 Remix Collection.


On first glance, I didn't like it. The retro pattern puts me off. But staring at it some more (I was seriously procrastinating), its actually not half bad. If one can just get pass the retro pattern thing, the design is actually quite cute. For instance, the large shock bag. It can be worn closed (left) or opened up (right) like a butterfly. I really like the versatility and style of this bag. And the blue color is perfect for this season's nautical theme!

The other style that I like is the Skratch style in both regular and large. The simple shape of it is made interesting with the crinkled design gathering in the center. A large yellow skratch will be great for the days, as the bright summery color scheme matches with the nuetral/white palette of SS06. And the small black skratch with its bold retro print would be just the thing for a night out.


They also have this style that can be used as a wallet by day and a clutch by night. But this seems to be the only color that works for this style. The other colors are mixed with raw instead of white leather, and the effect is just not quite as stunning.

An example of the color print and raw leather effect I was talking about. It just doesn't look quite right. I wonder if I would like it better if they had use white leather, providing it with less of a contrast. . .

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.